Monday, February 7, 2011

The Art of Making a Book on the Visual Arts

Thirty-seven years ago I graduated from a state university art department in California with a degree in painting. Drawing and painting were the things I loved, and was fairly good at, but they would not be the career that I ended up following. That career would be writing. Art became a pleasure on the side. Finally I've come full circle and have written my first book on the visual arts, indeed, a book about an art-student-turned-journalist spending a year at a top art college. As narrative non-fiction, the story is about the school, its people, the educational programs, and the contemporary art world (not about me, of course). This blog will keep an eye on the book's progress, and the author's thoughts, as Art Schooled: A Year Among Prodigies, Rebels, and Visionaries at a World-Class Art College goes to press in January 2012. Thanks for your interest. -- Larry Witham

No comments:

Post a Comment